- Prepare sketches of ideas with detailed drawings and blueprints.
- Confer with engineering, marketing, quality assurance, and sales departments to establish and evaluate design concepts for manufactured products.
- Present designs and reports to design committee for approval, and discuss need for modification.
- Fabricate models or samples in paper, fabric, or other materials, using hand or power tools.
- Provide product schematics with turn-arounds for manufacturers to interpret product for manufacturing.
- Collaborate directly as lead designer with the CEO and a team of four employees on brand development for a new product line.