- Apprenticed from 2010 to June 2011
- Worked 6 days a week from 2pm-12am
- Cleaned everything and set up tattoo stations for everyone all of the time unless they requested they not have that service performed.
- In charge of their social media
- Maintained the shops appearance
- Personally assisted the boss by the name of Taco
- Tattooed at least over 1000 people at that shop.
- Use materials such as pens and ink, watercolors, charcoal, oil, or computer software to create tattoos for clients.
- Confer with clients regarding the nature and content of artwork to be produced.
- Render drawings, illustrations, or models, working from sketches, blueprints, memory, models, or reference materials in order to create the desired work for the client.
- Study styles, techniques, colors, textures, and materials used in works undergoing restoration to ensure consistency during the reproduction
- Collaborate with other tattoo experts as necessary to create and replicate creations.
- Communication and customer service, Working with the client and listening to their ideas to create an artwork designed for the skin.
- Hygiene and infection control to maintain a clean, sterile and safe environment for artist and client.
- Social media management through avenues such as Facebook and Instagram.
- Digital design and website maintainance.
- Supply management and equipment ordering.
- Worked under Eric Eaton (formally part owner of Rumi Tattoo, Philadelphia Eddies Chinatown)
- Swept, Mopped, ran autoclave, checked the mail/email/voice messages, organized the library, cleaned the drawing desk every day before 11am.
- Tattooed 6 days a week 11am-8pm
- Painted tattoo flash and other paid commissions on downtime
- Framed original paintings from buddhist monks, Robert Ryan, Tim Lehi, and other priceless pieces displayed in the shop.
- Assisted Eric with anything that was needed for the shop/life.
- Managed the shop’s social media (facebook, instagram) websites by uploading pictures of recent works of all artists, answering messages and inquiries, and posting all other updates.
- Edited all pictures of artist’s work so that it was appealing to the public for the shop’s social media sites.
- Completed the tattooing process in a safe, cross-contamination free fashion, while keeping the customer entertained and feeling welcome.
- Gave the customer proper aftercare instructions and other information, disposed contaminated products in state-appointed sharps container and trash bins.
- Cleaned my entire station with powerful cleaning agents in case any bodily fluids came in contact with chairs, counter tops, and other tattoo equipment, so that future customers will be in a clean and sterile environment.
- Sterilized equipment that can be sterilized in the autoclave