- Coaching young swimmers ages 5-10 for summer league .
- Playing games and teaching kids the four different strokes required for competitive swimming.
- Designing innovative drills to make the sport more enjoyable while teaching valuable techniques.
- Following instructions and helping to organize practice sessions.
- Planning conditioning programs to enhance performance in swimming.
- Keep abreast of changing rules, techniques relevant to the sport.
- Contact the parents of swimmers to provide information and answer questions.
- Plan, organise, and conduct squad and development sessions.
- Plan and direct physical conditioning programs that will enable State and above level swimmers to achieve maximum performance.
- Adjust coaching techniques, based on the strengths and weaknesses of all swimmers.
- Keep abreast of changing rules, techniques, and technologies (i.e. underwater videoing) to help with swimmer performance and competition.
- Coordinate travel arrangements and travel with the team to school competitions.
- Explain and demonstrate the use of sports and training equipment, such as weights, swimming equipment and diving blocks.
- Liase and report to Head Coach regarding swimmer feedback, injury, squad attendance, and work with extended coaching staff.
- Taught swimming lessons to children of all ages with patience and professionalism
- lead swimming classes, gave demonstrations and worked as a team with other employees
- Mentor student athletes on academic, athletic, and personal issues.
- Serve as leader and coach during time trial and competition days.
- Coach 11-12 year old division at one of the most prestigious swim clubs in the country.
- Track attendance, participation, or performance data related to practices and competitions.
- Responsible for leading and overseeing 30 swimmers and developing the structure for their training regime over a 5 month long season.
- Conduct an initial assessment of an athlete’s injury or illness to determine whether they should be referred to physicians for definitive diagnosis and treatment.
- Write sets to increase productivity.
- Provide emotional care to kids having a difficult time.
- Perform Head Coach support duties, such as running errands, maintaining equipment, or keeping aquatic venue tidy.
- Lead stretching, activation and shoulder (band) exercises for swimmers prior to swim sessions.