- Maintained HIPPA/Patient confidentiality
- Maintained work area.
- Gathered equipment for cleaning and sterilization.
- Assisted in the monitoring of the patient through the procedure.
- Prepare operating room for assigned procedures
- Count sponges, needles, and instruments with RN
- Assist surgeon with gowning, gloving, draping, and set up of patient sterile field
- Anticipate surgeon’s needs throughout procedure
- Prepare supply carts for add-on cases and following scheduled cases
- Instrument tray set up and sterilization
- Review future surgery schedule daily to determine availability of specialized instruments, equipment and implants.
- Plan and discuss each procedure with surgical professionals and assures that all supplies and equipment are available prior to the surgical procedure.
- Set up sterile field, insuring completeness and accuracy of needed equipment, instruments and supplies and remains accountable for all surgical instruments and equipment during the surgical procedure.
- Function as a primary scrub person responsible for handling instruments, supplies, and equipment during all surgical and specialized surgical procedures.
- Assist the surgeon by performing such procedures as holding retractors, applying skin staples, and cutting sutures.
- Prepare, organize, and maintain highly complex sterile surgical set-ups.
- Set-up sterile field with all required items for each procedure.
- Provided age and culturally appropriate care.
- Oriented and mentored new staff members.
- Followed Standard Precautions using personal protective equipment as required.
- Secured, labeled, stored, and transported specimens to pathology
- Duties included setting up O.R. suites each morning, including video towers, microscopes, pumps, and assorted power supplies
- Trained new Surgical Technicians and students
- Handled instruments, supplies, and equipment during all surgical procedures
- Picked case carts for surgical procedures
- Responsible for taking call for any orthopedic surgical emergencies
- Scrubbed orthopedic cases, hand cases, foot cases, cataracts, and plastic surgery cases