- Keeping strict watch over the performance of HT and EHT equipment’s in the substation such as Transformers, CTs, and Breakers etc.
- Rectification of abnormalities if possible immediately with the permission or in the presence of concerned officers.
- Issuing and cancellations of permit to work, Isolation certificates, Non back feed certificates on the HT and EHT equipment’s and feeders as per rules.
- Monitoring voltage and specific gravity of pilot cells, charging current of the battery, earth leakage etc.
- Test charging the HT and EHT feeders according to the nature of faults and instructing the maintenance wing under respective sections when the fault can’t be resolved .
- Inspect the yard and condition of equipment’s.
- Carrying out and coordinating maintenance works under substation by proper safety and minimum interruption with back feeding arrangements.