- Manage employees to ensure the completion of the daily task.
- Serve as support staff for executive chef.
- Ensure all supplies are stocked
- Create fruit trays
- Create vegetable trays
- Create cheese trays
- Serve as team leader of events.
- Design, develop and execute menus for large groups, varying dietary restrictions and seasonal availability.
- Prepared and presented fine dining food to a high level of competency.
- Supervised staff to maintain consistent levels of quality while operating in a clean, organized work place.
- Assisted in hiring, scheduling, food costing and ordering
- Monitor food preparation methods, portion sizes, and garnishing and presentation of food to ensure that food is prepared and presented in an acceptable manner
- Keep a well trained and positive staff, direct as needed and delegate responsibilities to my team
- Cover all restaurant positions as needed “ Dish washer, Server, Busser, Hostess”
- Anticipate resturant needs based on business and order food product accordingly
- Prepare large quantities of dishes, rapidly, with tight timelines while supervising and maintaining exceptional standards of sanitation and quality.
- Maintain ongoing training and development of cooks, conduct cook performance reviews and following up in a timely manner, usually within the same day or the next day.
- Proven thorough knowledge of food preparation, service, basic food chemistry, raw foods and equipment use.
- Worked with the head chef to help get overall liquor and food cost down.
sous chef/ kitchen manager
- Plan menus based on anticipated number of guests,
- Test cooked food by tasting and smelling it to ensure flavor and correct temps.
- Review menus and recipes to determine labor and overhead costs, and assign prices to menu items.
- Sourced elite food products, creating a better dining experience.