- Opening and closing of resturant.
- Interpret and explain policies, rules, regulations, or laws to employees
- Direct staffing, training, and performance evaluations to encourage and premote employees.
- Taking or inventory.
sous chef /sushi chef
- Followed restaurants protocols
- Ensure fish quality was at its best
- Carried out recipes
- Wrote checks to food vendors
- Work together with the executive chef to recommend new menu additions and process.
- Monitor sanitation practices to ensure that employees follow standards and regulations regarding food preparation and portion sizes.
- Supervise the food preparation and cooking activities.
- Follow and execute schedules related to daily preparation, cooking and cleaning task, to ensure efficient operation.
- Teach and growth employee skills and techniques; discribe company procedures, expectations and teamwork commitment.
- Conduct inventory and ordering.
- Resolve personnel problems, train new hires and evaluate employee performance.
- Supervise and coordinate activities of all kitchen employees engaged in food preparation.
- Determine how food should be presented and create new unique food displays.
- Record production and operational data on specified forms to keep track of waste and time management.
- Order, receive, and stock supplies according to forecast of business.
- Creativity: Knowledge of ingredients and how to use them in a creative way.
- Leadership Skills: As a Sous chefs I am in charge and often manage the entire kitchen, from the dishwasher to the cooks. Being a good leader, who can assign tasks, hiring the right people and motivating workers in a high stress environment.
- Hand-Eye Coordination: All chefs work with knives and must have excellent technique when cutting and preparing food. Hand-eye coordination is needed.
- Sense of Taste and Smell: Delicious food brings in customers. Sous chefs are the last line of defense to make sure each piece of food is safe, prepared correctly and tasty.
- Time Management Skills: Kitchens get busy quickly, food can get ruined easily if you cannot manage your time.