junior sous chef, cdp, apprentice
- Check the Quality of products and ensure the standards of the head chef are met
- Inspect supplies, equipment, or work areas to ensure conformance to established standards.
- Check the quantity and quality of received products.
- Order or requisition food or other supplies needed to ensure efficient operation.
- Supervise a team of 6 people including Chefs, Apprentices and kitchen hands.
- Demonstrate new cooking techniques or equipment to staff.
- Check temperatures of freezers, refrigerators, or heating equipment to ensure proper functioning.
- Michelin Bib Gourmand Mexican Restaurant by Brian Enyart and James Beard Nominee Jennifer Jones-Enyart
- Substitute for or assist other cooks during emergencies or rush periods.
- Butcher and dress animals, fowl, or shellfish, or cut and bone meat prior to cooking.
- Check the quality of raw or cooked food products to ensure that standards are met.
- Worked closely with the chefs to create and execute a seasonal menu, including whole animal butchery
- Developed a fermentation program including kimchis, pickles, hot sauces and miso.
- Order, receive, and stock all daily shipments of food and beverage.
- Coordinate with kitchen manager on daily specials, soups, and day-to-day operations.
- Work with the executive chef to produce diversified menus in accordance with the restaurant’s policy and vision
- Come up with new dishes which appeal to the clients, whenever required
- Establish the working schedule and organize the work in the kitchen so that everything works like a “well-oiled machinery”
- Produce high quality dishes that follow up the established menu and level up to location’s standards, as well as to clients’ requirements
- Plan the food design in order to create a perfect match between the dish’s aspect and its taste
- Discover talented chefs and train them in order to reach the high standards of the location
- Train the auxiliary kitchen staff in order to provide best results in minimum time and using at the maximum the available resources
- Planned daily menus, shopped for and prepared, breakfast, lunch and dinner, including snacks for clients as well as staff.
- Monitored clients progress and adapted meal planning as needed.
- Provide clients with information and resources regarding nutrition, weight control, and lifestyle issues.
- Professionally implementing corporate standards and ensuring quality product was served to each and every guest.