School Counselor Resume Examples
school counselor, pocahontas middle school
- Consulted with teachers, administrators, & district leaders in the development of master schedule, staffing, & curriculum offerings for the district’s first ever midyear opening of a new school.
- Planned & hosted first-ever middle school Career Investigations Day that involved over 50 community business & career representatives.
- Designed & implemented proactive individual, group, & classroom counseling lessons to support educational progress and college/career ready skill development.
- Collaborated with parents/guardians, teachers, administrators, and related professionals regarding student progress & developed plans to resolve behavioral, academic, or resource support needs.
- Exceeded district, state, & federal guidelines in the management of twenty-five to thirty 504 Plans annually.
- Counsel or aid family members, students, teachers to assist them in understanding, dealing with, or supporting each other.
- Support management team and the entire school community.
- Interview individuals or family members to compile information on social, educational, etc.
- Identify the elements that influence behavior.
- Counsel elementary and middle school students to help them understand and overcome personal, social, or behavioral problems affecting their classroom performance.
- Confer with parents or guardians, teachers, administrators, and other professionals to discuss children’s progress and address behavioral, academic, and other issues.
- Maintain accurate and complete student records and prepare reports on students and activities.
- Collaborate with teachers in the development, evaluation, and revision of behavioral modification tools to strive for classroom success.
- Train and supervise student leaders in peer mediation program.
- Refer students and families to outside professional therapists for ongoing intervention and support.
- Reviewed reports cards and attendance to identify the at-risk student.
- Answered questions and reduced anxiety about standardized tests such as the SAT and ACT.
- Created and changed students schedules by adding, dropping and re-scheduling classes; helped students create course loads that meshed with their college aspirations.
- Monitored and met with students about the academic performance by reviewing failure reports every two weeks.
- Counsel with students, parents, and teachers about the student’s behaviors and grades.
- Provide individual and group counseling for academic, personal, social, emotional, and career exploration for 5th and 6th graders
- Provide consultation to teachers, parents, and other staff members regarding students’ concerns
- Work with assistant principal, social worker, school psychologist, and other counselors on attendance, behavior, and social well being of students
- Collaborate with outside agencies to coordinate services for students and families
- Member of the school district crisis team
- Provide counseling to school children
- Refer to appropriate sources
- Administering preliminary screening of behavioral problems when necessary
- Speak on life skills and adolescence growth and sexual health workshops
- Supervising new interns
- help students to make rational decisions
- provide one one or group counseling to students
- liase with teachers and parents develop strategies for assisting students with learning difficulties.
- evaluate and improve counseling program
- Providing counseling to students wherein behavior, school progress, mental or physical impairment indicates any need for assistance, diagnosing students’ problems, and arranging for needed services
- Partnering with school administrators, teachers and parents or guardians to provide students with appropriate and adequate counseling support in school
- Providing referrals for community resources and mental health professionals for families and students
- Maintaining and organising counselling and case records
- Counseled students on an individual basis.
- Building test coordinator for mandated state testing.
- Administered Journey of Hope curriculum, funded by a grant from Save the Children, to small groups as part of trauma recovery from tornado.
- Conducted classroom guidance lessons to facilitate character education, anger management, conflict resolution, and anxiety reduction.
- Collaborated with faculty to ensure safety and mental health of all students.
- Coordinated, organized, and implemented mandatory state testing protocol and procedures.
- Maintained privacy of students and families in accordance with FERPA guidelines.
- Coordinate with other professionals, such as administrators, teachers, and other school counselors, to ensure student success.
- Counsel or aid family members to assist them in understanding, dealing with, or supporting their child.
- Refer to reference materials, such as education code, Texas Education Agency graudation plans, accountability updates and HB 5 updates as needed to ensure accuracy in guiding students towards graduation
- Interpret data to students and their parents regarding SAT, PSAT, ACT and STAAR
- Plan, coordinate, and oversee school programs such as Bilingual Education, Gifted and Talented, special education, athletics and higher education.
- Use computers to input information to the School’s Student Information System.
- Keep student records.
PROFESSIONAL RESUME TEMPLATES
Choose from 20+ tailored-built templates that have landed thousands of
people like you the jobs they were dreaming of.
people like you the jobs they were dreaming of.