scaffold builder/painter/concrete mason
- Erect and disassemble scaffolding
- Coordinate and plan alongside other contractors
- Maintain clean and safe work environment
- Operate hand tools such as grinders, sandblasters, and spray rigs.
- Cleaned and painted pipes, handrails, and guardrails.
- Build and disassemble concrete forms.
- Mix, pour, and finish concrete.
- Tear down and build scaffolds for contractor needs
- Heavy lifting, work effectively in teams, prepare jobs, make sure job sites clean, working safely and efficiently, prepare Job Safety Analysis paperwork.
- Obtained training in confined spaces and 100% fall protection
- Handle the tasks of cleaning work areas and equipment to maintain a clean and safe jobsite
- Able to recognize hazards and find ways to mitigate those hazards.
- Deal with paper work such as filling out JSA’s, which is use to describe the job being done in procedures and including safety hazards on job site.
- Determined amount of materials, identified appropriate construction locations and transported scaffolding materials
- Heavy lifting, work effectively in teams, prepare jobs, make sure job sites clean, working safely and efficiently, prepare Job Safety Analysis
- Erected and dismantled scaffolds
- Worked 12-16 hour shifts
- Assisted scaffold builder
- Obtain permits when required
- Material data sheet
- Shut down jobs if consider unsafe conditions abound
- load and unload Material
- Always keeping a watchful eye on coworkers and making sure they are working safely
- Worked as a helper and advanced to a carpenter in just under a year
- Performed duties of a scaffold builder/leadman which included, but was not limited to, scaffold erection and demolition.
- Measured the size, and material needed for the scaffold that was needed to perform a specific task.
- Along with scaffolding, I worked as an insulator’s helper, where we worked alongside inspectors and operators. .
- I read blueprints and select appropriate insulation, based on space characteristics and the heat retaining or excluding characteristics of the material.
- I was required to measure and cut insulation for covering surfaces, using tape measures, handsaws, power saws, knives, or scissors.
- I learned to cover, seal, and finish insulated surfaces or access holes with plastic covers, canvas strips, sealants, tape, cement or asphalt mastic.
- Measured and cut insulation for covering surfaces, using tape measures, handsaws, knives, and scissors.