- Analyze High Risk applicants’ financial status, credit, and property evaluations to determine feasibility of granting loans.
- Review loan agreements to ensure that they are complete and accurate according to Bank policy.
- Determine or help determine company policy, and explain complex technical matters to company executives, government officials, shareholders, policyholders, or the public.
- Provide advice to clients on a contract basis, working as a consultant.
senior risk manager
- Identify and manage the risks in ARB’s existing and new trading strategies across various exchange-traded asset classes including index, fixed income, currencies, commodities, equities, etc.
- Monitor intraday and overnight market risk at both the portfolio and single product levels and discuss key exposures with trading desks.
- Analyze financial market developments and help build and enhance risk methodologies and processes for trading strategies.
- Partner with software development, data engineering, and trading support team members to develop and implement risk tools for real-time monitoring and reporting of ARB’s key risks.
- Collaborate with global risk, trading, and development team members to design and employ risk controls in ARB’s execution and strategy software solutions.
- Assess and challenge potential solutions to complex business processes associated with operational and technology risk.
- Contribute to risk management’s risk control self-assessment through analyzing potential impact and likelihood of risk events.
- Quantification, Identification and Limits maintenance and ensuring that overall bank risk are within limits approved by ALCO.
- Quantify Market risk for Trading, Investment and Banking Book interest based activities, and ensure the segregation of the banking book and trading book.
- Identify all material Market risk factors and calculate the effect of changes in the above factors on the existing positions. These factors include: Inflation, Interest Rates & Exchange Rates
- Monitoring and Reporting on: Daily Risk exposures to Management & To Market Risk Stanbic Africa, SLL, concentration limits, Report breaches of Limits Daily and ensure they are signed off by Head Risk, Head Treasury, Head Credit and MD
- Monthly Independent oversight role on Liquidity Risk of the banking book & on interest rate risk of the banking book
- Ensure that the operational risk framework and operational risk policies are implemented in the country, and that all staff are aware of Operational Risk policies and procedures
- Ensure that all potential operational risks within the country are identified, measured, monitored and managed
- Working as a risk Manager.
- Responsible for branch monthly target achievement.
- Schedule center meeting as per staff or area.
- allocate business area as per staff.
- Check allocated area is enough for business and loan account generation
- resolve the customer query and Audit , compliance.
- As per verification of customer house and business refer to file further process
- Approve, reject, or coordinate the approval or rejection of lines of commercial, real estate, or personal loans.
- Ensure that adequate controls are in place to prevent regulatory breaches to the central bank of the country and regulatory fines incurred
- Team management like co ordination with branches for file process Decision cases by cases within prescribed TAT.
- feedback to management on policy as well as process changes.