Residential Counselor Resume Examples
- Engaged with patients to promote overall wellness.
- Provided personal care to resident
- Reported changes in resident health and status
- Tended to resident needs quickly and efficiently
- work closely with nursing staff in meeting the day to day needs of patients in unit
- Provide care for mentally and physically disabled adults in a group home setting
- Give and record medication
- Advocate for wants and needs of clients
- Assist and encourage client in completing therapeutic goals to increase independance and quality of life
- Dress clients and change diapers.
- Maintain clients personal hygiene
- Prepare proper nutrition in meals and snacks according to meal plans
- Work one-on-one with clients in counseling sessions three times per week Operate and manage client caseloads and file through the Avatar program
- Teach evidence-based education structure to clients to teach them methods and tools that help with sobriety
- Plan, purchase, prepare, or serve meals to patients
- Maintain accurate, detailed reports and records.according to prescribed diets.
- Provide direct care and counseling to individuals with disabilities.
- Supports individuals with disabilities in group home setting.
- Maintains accurate patient medication documentation.
- Prepares and serves customized meals for patients.
- Motivates patients to reach personal goals by assisting with daily activities.
- Administer medications following doctor’s order.
- work with people living in residential care facilities
- ability communication and people skills, decision making, detail orientation, and the ability to interact with all sorts of people …
- responsible for helping with activities of daily living, or ADLs, such as tooth brushing, showering and cooking, and arranging and transporting residents to appointments
- intensive supervision and safety for individuals living with the effect of a brain injury in the residential program
- in charge of providing emotional support and encouragement to residents
- ensuring that all patients take proper medication
- reporting activity and behavior to the residential director
- Administered medications
- Kept up to date on all trainings and certifications
- Direct care of individuals with moderate to advance Mental Retardation
- Prepared and served food according to feeding guidelines
- Transported clients to and from their jobs
- Monitor, record, and report symptoms or changes in clients’ conditions.
- Record clients’ medical information and vital signs.
- Monitor all aspects of clients care, including diet and physical activity.
- Administer prescribed oral medications and ensure clients take their medicine.
- Plan, purchase, prepare, or serve meals to patients according to prescribed diets.
- Provide clients with help moving in and out of beds, baths, wheelchairs, or automobiles and with dressing and grooming.
- Plan, purchase, prepare, or serve meals to clients according to prescribed diets.
- Escort clients to medical appointments and recreational activities
- Advise clients regarding medication self-administration
- Transport and accompany clients to shopping areas, appointments, or recreational activities, using automobile.
- Massage clients or apply preparations or treatments, such as liniment, alcohol rubs, or heat-lamp stimulation.
- Provide care for mentally disturbed, delinquent, and/or handicapped children.
- Instruct children in health and personal hygiene habits.
- Accompany children from school to residential programs, on outings, and to medical appointments.
- Participated in recreational activities and outings, such as games and field trips with the children.
- Responsible for ongoing safety and supervision of youth within program setting.
- Responsible for maintaining appropriate boundaries with youth, families and collaterals.
- Responsible for maintenance and implementation of program policies and program development. Also responsible for the upkeep and cleanliness of the residential program facility/physical plant.
- Responsible for maintaining youth and shift documentation.
- Responsible for working with the youth / staff in a therapeutic milieu with hours dedicated primarily to acute-level and residential levels of care; and also flexibly adjusted to meet the residential and clinical needs in other Y.O.U., Inc. locations. Although assigned to a primary placement, may be sent to any of the full range of other residential programs when a need exists.
- Works with the entire team including direct care staff, clinical team staff, medical staff, and others to implement the established therapeutic treatment plan. Will provide feedback to the entire team on observed responses to treatment.
- Secures information such as medical, psychological, and social factors contributing to client’s situation, and evaluates these and client’s capacities.
PROFESSIONAL RESUME TEMPLATES
Choose from 20+ tailored-built templates that have landed thousands of
people like you the jobs they were dreaming of.
people like you the jobs they were dreaming of.