- Provide direct care to consumers in a residental setting
- Basic hygiene, cooking, cleaning, community outings, assist with financial responsibilities, and client goals
- Responsible for some transportation and attending medical appointments
- Followed the care plan as directed by facility
- Pursue personal growth and leadership development as an individual and team member.
- Understand and respond appropriately to relevant issues college students are facing.
- Educate students about Biola’s residence hall rules and community standards by confronting violations and modeling behavior in alignment with these standards.
- Complete administrative tasks for the floor and residence hall in a timely manner.
- Use helping skills in order to effectively care for residents.
- Willing to develop your understanding of your personal cultural identity and the cultural identity of others.
- Lead students in building community and developing a sense of social/communal responsibility.
- Created and hosted floor and building-wide events biweekly and monthly.
- Promoted events throughout the building and weekly newsletter.
- Planned and executed the annual residence move-in day and orientation meeting.
- Lead guide for residence tours during semester open houses.
- Was 1 of 5 RA’s in a an upperclassmen residence hall with over 300 residents
- Met one-on-one with residents to solve conflicts within the building, as well as support their on-campus and off-campus lives
- Conducted monthly fire inspections and bathroom inspections using HRL software
- Wrote incident reports following strict guidelines and met with residents for follow-ups
- Develop and conduct programs on diversity, substance abuse, mental health, personal development, and academic performance.
- Confront and resolve emergency situations regarding facilities issues, threats to residential safety, and policy violations.
- Build and maintain rapport with thirty residents.
- Plan events and handle money on a budget.