- Analyze and interpret patients’ histories, symptoms, physical findings, or diagnostic information to develop appropriate diagnoses.
- Develop treatment plans based on scientific rationale, standards of care, and professional practice guidelines.
- Maintain complete and detailed records of patients’ health care plans and prognoses.
- Supervise or coordinate patient care or support staff activities.
- Maintain current knowledge of state legal regulations for nurse practitioner practice including reimbursement of services.
- Maintain departmental policies and procedures in areas such as safety and infection control.
- Monitor all aspects of patient care, including diet
- Monitor CVAD ie. PICC, central line, dialysis lines
- Administration and monitoring of Chemotherapy
- Administration of routine medications
- Perform activities of daily living
- Educate patients about self-management of acute or chronic illnesses, tailoring instructions to patients’ individual circumstances and needs
- Ventilator support, titration of vasoactive medications, assisting physicians with bedside procedures.
- Assisting the Educational Department with classes (ACLS, PALS, BLS)
- Mentoring young nurses
- Record and interpret patients’ histories, symptoms, physical findings, or diagnostic information to develop appropriate diagnoses.
- Interpret the results of diagnostic tests such as complete blood counts (CBCs), electrocardiograms (EKGs), and radiographs (x-rays).
- Dispence medication dosages, routes, and frequencies based on patients’ characteristics such as age and gender.
- Treat acute health care problems such as illnesses, infections, and injuries as ordered.
- Recommend interventions to modify behavior associated with health risks.
- Detect and respond to adverse drug reactions, with special attention to vulnerable populations such as infants, children, pregnant and lactating women, and older adults.
- Diagnose or treat chronic health care problems such as high blood pressure and diabetes.
- Collaborated with coworkers and acted as liaison between patients from diverse backgrounds, their families, doctors and the multi-disciplinary team
- Undertook accurate assessments with critical thinking and high attention to detail in busy and stressful environments
- Responded appropriately and responsibly to changing conditions, including organising and prioritising work accordingly
- Listened respectfully to patients and tailored care and education appropriately
- Completed precise written tasks on the computer and other technologies including research, reports, progress plans and other documentation
- Worked in accordance with policies, care plans and requests from the patients or team