- following physicians’ orders regarding the areas of the body of which they need images
- following procedures that prevent unnecessary exposure to radiation to himself or herself as well as to the patient
- keeping track of patients’ records
- Explaining procedures to patients and answering questions.
- Preparing equipment for use as needed.
- Preparing examination rooms for patient exams.
- Positioning patients for imaging exams.
- Operate and maintain all radiographic equipment.
- Prepare images for accurate diagnosis of Radiologist or Physician.
- Process images and conduct reviews for proper identification.
- Interact with patients, make them comfortable and have them assist in obtaining good images.
- Also I am an excellent communicater and I think outside the box when needed.
radiologic technologist / secretary
- Represents physicians by screening incoming telephone calls; recording and transmitting messages; scheduling, receiving and announcing scheduled patients and visitors; screening unscheduled patients and visitors; arranging referrals to other health care providers; scheduling appointments
- Provides historical reference by developing and utilizing filing and retrieval systems; maintaining patient records; recording meeting discussions.
- Assist the physician for ultrasound procedures.
- Monitoring patients during exams.
- Able to do MRI, CT-Scan , X-Ray, and OR procedures.
- Take thorough and accurate patient medical histories.
- Set up examination room, ensuring that all necessary equipment is ready.
- Coordinate work with clerical personnel or other technologist.
- Willing to learn new things and always open for more improvement
- Maintain departmental policies and procedures in areas such as radiation safety and infection control.
- Coordinate patient’s Imaging results to their respective physicians.
- Maintain complete and detailed records of patients.
- Initially diagnose acute health care problems such as illnesses and injuries.
- Analyze and interpret patients’ Imaging histories or diagnostic information to develop appropriate diagnoses.
- Show patients to Imaging rooms and prepare them before the Radiologist arrives.
- Explain the diagnostic procedures and preparations needed to the patients.