junior purchasing assistant
- Reporting directly to the Purchasing Supervisor, assist with vendor selection and bid evaluations
- Arrange expedited shipments to prevent unscheduled manufacturing downtime
- Process all purchase orders / job orders for Calibration, Chemicals, Office Supplies, Medical Supplies, Consumables and Hazardous Waste Treatments for six different departments
- Contributor for cost reduction initiatives and process improvement
- Contact suppliers to resolve missed deliveries, short shipments and pricing discrepancies
- Document Controller for Pollution Control Officer/Environmental, Health and Safety Management Committee Member
- Scrap Control In-Charge (for saleable and hazardous scrap items), responsible for all the transactions of scrap hauling and disposal
- Maintain strong working relationships with our vendors
- Review purchasing agreements with vendors and maintain open lines of communications with those vendors
- Develop an active process for measuring supply inventory and determining purchasing needs based on quarterly and annual numbers
- Stay up to date with industry trends and establish long-term purchasing arrangements with vendors when it is beneficial to the company
- Compare product deliveries with issued purchase orders and contact vendors when there are discrepancies
- Research potential vendors
- Compare and evaluate offers from suppliers
- Communicate with plants regarding scheduled changes, delivery issues.
- Request quotes and compare prices.
- Create and maintain good relationships with vendors and suppliers
- In-Charge for Local Trucking Charges Distribution
- Manage and Process purchase order from 17 dealership store.
- Processing of Master Purchase Agreement for local and international suppliers
- Responsible for the registration, detail update and deletion for suppliers using procurement software
- Negotiate contract terms of agreement and pricing
- Sourcing, negotiating and buying of goods, materials and services to ensure that company operational needs are met, taking into account, price, quality and delivery and to ensure continuity of supply.
- Track orders and ensure timely delivery
- Review quality of purchased products
- Enter order details (e.g. vendors, quantities, prices) into internal databases