- Provided basic nursing care, documented acute and chronic health conditions and provided treatments for these conditions as ordered by a physician, administered topical treatments and medications as ordered by a physician
- Developed and delivered unit focus groups and provided clients with active treatment opportunities daily
- Provided care for acute and chronic psychiatric conditions, implementing active treatment crisis management for clients engaged in dangerous and maladaptive bx
- Worked additional shifts across all three shifts(AM/PM/NOC) and units to meet operational needs of the program
senior psychiatric technician
- Coordinate and oversee unit operational needs and the delivery of client care across all shifts (AM/PM/NOC), ensuring efforts are in line with approved facility policy and procedure
- Provide routine training and evaluation of staff performance
- Contribute to and develop behavioral and psychiatric support plans as part of the interdisciplinary team and carrying out those plans as indicated
- Provide basic nursing care, document acute and chronic health conditions and provide treatments for these conditions as ordered by a physician, administer topical treatments and medications as ordered by a physician
- Develop and deliver unit focus groups and provide clients with active treatment opportunities daily
- Provide care for acute and chronic psychiatric conditions, implementing active treatment crisis management for clients engaged in dangerous and maladaptive bx
- Work additional shifts across all three shifts(AM/PM/NOC) and units to meet operational needs of the program
- Lead small group counseling sessions that provide support in such areas as grief, stress, or coping skills.
- Ensured safety and well-being of patients.
- Did rounds to check on patients every 15 minutes.
- Made sure all areas were cleaned throughout the night.
- Assisting patients with activities of daily living
- Taking patients vital signs and recording them appropriately
- Making daily rounds for patience safety
- Assisting children from group homes when transferred to the unit
- Assist clients in feeding
- Effectively communicate and work as part of a team to provide a therapeutic and safe environment for our forensic patients.
- Demonstrate active listening skills and establish patient rapport to obtain firsthand customer feedback and information to improve care and services.
- Provide emotional support and encouragement to patients as needed
- Guide clients in the development of skills (e.g., positive coping skills) or strategies for dealing with their problems.
- Assist patients with ADLs, visitation, telephone calls, and lab draws.
- Observe any changes in patient behavior and condition and quickly report those observations of behavior, complaints, or physical symptoms to nurses.
- Provide a safe and secure environment for patients attending treatment mall and educational groups.