- Member of the Project Core Team, coordinating all purchased component activities, defined in the Purchasing chart;
- Responsible for the achievement of Purchasing TARGET (C, Q & T);
- Active lead and control for realization / contribution in new projects for purchased components based on project goals and on commodity strategies (Project management, RFQs, Tech & Commercial Reviews, Negotiations, Supplier selection, Contracting);
- Supplier Nomination;
- Application of standards / methods / processes and implication of global commodity strategies;
- Internal and external reporting, including related activities;
- Collaboration in projects and documentation / presentation of results (RPlan, AGILE, etc);
senior project buyer
- Based on priority, assures on time delivery based on open PO lines in the SAP system.
- Negotiates delivery dates with vendors by either pushing or pulling in orders based on project requirements.
- Proactively expedite long lead items at regular intervals, to facilitate delivery per project schedule.
- Follow up with suppliers to receive order acknowledgement with price, quantity, ship to address and promise date.
- Proactively inquires with suppliers & manufactures to meet drawing deliverables per PO and schedule requirements.
- Ensure that the supplier shall air freighted the delay material on his own expensive (especially for emergency items).
- Obtain material certificates & documentation required by end user (project).
- Implemented stock minimum and automatic ordering just-in-time using ERP system reducing delivery time by 30%
- Established value-chain partnership alliance with key suppliers for Drilling Rigs contract resulting in saving of $750,000
- Implemented standards RFP/RFQ/RFI reducing time-consuming in 15%.
- Produce and keep up to date weekly expediting reports and report changes to project team.
- Maintain and distribute procurement dashboard to track payment milestones, documentation/drawing deliverables, test/inspection points (FAT), ship date from supplier, receive date at Freight Forwarder, ship date from Freight Forwarder, date of customs clearance, and receive date at final destination.
- Identify report and resolve notifications of late deliveries from suppliers. Notify Senior Expeditor & QC Coordinator of upcoming Inspection (FAT) dates.
- Build a rapport with the vendor base & facilitate better response to the expediting requests.