sr. production planner
- Integrated sales forecasts with plant capabilities and capacities to develop the monthly aggregate schedule (PSI) for Residential Tile and Residential Sheet with a cross functional team consisting of members from Product Management, Demand Planning and Sales.
- Determining manufacturing and distribution footprint changes as needed.
- Performed ad-hoc analyses for cross-functional business partners including Operations Management, Product Management, Finance, Sales, and Customer Service teams.
- Resource and contributor in numerous Operational Lean activities including Kaizen events, Value Stream Mapping and Full Potential events.
- Critical support and driver in numerous and ongoing new product development launches with evolving, strict and condensed timelines.
- Worked with a multi-functional team to develop action plans to improve fill rates and reduce fines from Big Box retailers by %50 for $500k annual savings.
- Reduced idle inventory by developing monthly tracker for $250K reduction in working capital.
- Maintain and realize AS 9100 procedures and continuous improvement efforts.
- control and track changes and revisions of shop planning.
- control and track released and master planning.
- complete shop planning in the required time allotment.
- use document control to maintain all work and current revisions.
- interact with manufacturing and quality for shop planning & traveler creation.
- Develop and review production plan based on the forecast, material status, production turn around time and customer requirement
- Monitor the execution of production plan and resolve any potential issues in a timely fashion.
- Investigate production problem, analyze root causes and provide solutions.
- Plan inventory management processes to avoid shortages and excesses.
- Maintain reports for production planning activities and sequences.
- Plan, manage, and oversee all elements of production in our factory
- Assess and analyze current production methods
- Develop and draft an improved production process
- Design and implement cost-reductive changes
- Maximize productivity of machinery and workers
- Coordinating production workflow for one or multiple products.
- Planning and prioritizing operations to ensure maximum performance and minimum delay.
- Determining manpower, equipment and raw materials needed to cover production demand.
- Requisition materials, supplies, equipment parts, or repair services.