- Supervise the daily routine of prisoners.
- Working with offenders by providing information and support to assist their rehabilitation.
- Conducting safety routines including offender head count, searches, and supervision of offenders.
- Completing required documentation on an ongoing basis.
- Initiating offender discipline as required according to the Correctional Services Act.
- Served as the gatekeeper for external contact to staff and inmates, and directed inquiries to the appropriate resources.
- Escorted and transported prisoners to locations outside of the corrections facility.