Pharmacy Intern Resume Examples
- Transfer medication from vials to the appropriate number of sterile, disposable syringes, using aseptic techniques.
- Maintain proper storage and security conditions for drugs.
- Prepack bulk medicines, fill bottles with prescribed medications, and type and affix labels.
- Answer telephones, responding to questions or requests.
- Clean and help maintain equipment or work areas and sterilize glassware, according to prescribed methods.
- Price and file prescriptions that have been filled.
- Assist customers by answering simple questions, locating items, or referring them to the pharmacist for medication information.
- Provided consultations and answered inquiries from patients, healthcare professionals and physicians regarding drugs, potential side effects and specified use
- Performed various pharmacy operational activities with strong commitment to accuracy, efficiency and service quality
- Coordinated with physicians and insurance agency representatives for speedy resolution of prescription discrepancies
- Implemented vaccine awareness campaign that increased immunization-based revenue and enhanced community health education
- Greet customers and patients,
- Providing counselling for other the counter and prescription medications under the supervision of the pharmacist
- dispensing prescriptions once validity ascertained
- prepare dose administration aids such as Websters
- collaborate with doctors or other health professionals to ensure patient safety- example, calling doctor for dose confirmation, directions of how to take medications
- Advised patients on over the counter medication selection and usage.
- Performed quality assurance to verify accurate prescription filling.
- Recorded verbally ordered prescriptions from providers.
- Performed pharmacy technician duties.
- Ensured compliance with policies and quality standards to maintain consistency in quality of services
- Resolved complaints and issues involving both guests and employees
- Assist in filling patient’s prescription.
- Compound and dispense medications as prescribed by doctors with the supervision of the Pharmacists.
- Aids in filling, gathering of prescriptions and other hospital pharmacy documents
- Assist in preparing sterile solutions or infusions for use in surgical procedures, emergency rooms, or patients’ homes.
- Assist in giving pharmaceutical information when the pharmacist rounds in different wards and private hospital rooms for patients.
- Aids in explaining importance of compliance on medications.
- observes and assist on computations of dose on making compounding prescriptions with the Pharmacist supervision.
- Assist on dispensing of proper medication with Pharmacist supervision.
- Conduct a patient interview and collect relevant information to create a patient medial history/profile
- Discuss system management in the operation of community pharmacy
- Discuss legal aspects for purchasing and dispensing of controlled substances
- Describe the impact of regulatory agencies like Lebanese Ministry of Public Health and the Order of Pharmacists of Lebanon
- Explore the expanding role of technology and informatics in the practice of pharmacy and patient care
- Demonstrate effective communication skills
- Filled prescriptions in an accurate and timely manner
- Processed insurance claims and determined plan eligibility for patients
- Counseled patients on medication use, adverse effects and drug-drug interactions
- Closely monitored inventory levels and outdated products
- Administered immunizations
- Communicated with doctor’s offices regarding patient medications and possible drug interactions
- learning how to:apply professional knowledge and skills in consulting and carrying out pharmacist’s care of the patient
- establish positive interaction with the patients, associates, other healthcare professionals and the public through oral and written communication
- inform and counsel the patient about effects and correct application of the medicine and follow the outcome of the therapy
- participate and supervise distribution of drugs
- plan and implement of pharmaceutical care
- dispense prescription medicines and medicines from special drug groups
- prepare, dispense, distribute and monitor of medicines at hospital pharmacies (prescription medicines, galenic, magistral and extemporaneous formulations)
- Prepare sterile solutions or infusions for use in surgical procedures, and in-patients’ wards.
- Accept prescriptions for filling, and gathering medications.
- Compound, package, and label pharmaceutical products, under the supervision of the pharmacist.
- Assist in inventory drug products
PROFESSIONAL RESUME TEMPLATES
Choose from 20+ tailored-built templates that have landed thousands of
people like you the jobs they were dreaming of.
people like you the jobs they were dreaming of.