- Transfer medication from vials to the appropriate number of sterile, disposable syringes, using aseptic techniques.
- Maintain proper storage and security conditions for drugs.
- Prepack bulk medicines, fill bottles with prescribed medications, and type and affix labels.
- Answer telephones, responding to questions or requests.
- Clean and help maintain equipment or work areas and sterilize glassware, according to prescribed methods.
- Price and file prescriptions that have been filled.
- Assist customers by answering simple questions, locating items, or referring them to the pharmacist for medication information.
- Provided consultations and answered inquiries from patients, healthcare professionals and physicians regarding drugs, potential side effects and specified use
- Performed various pharmacy operational activities with strong commitment to accuracy, efficiency and service quality
- Coordinated with physicians and insurance agency representatives for speedy resolution of prescription discrepancies
- Implemented vaccine awareness campaign that increased immunization-based revenue and enhanced community health education
- Greet customers and patients,
- Providing counselling for other the counter and prescription medications under the supervision of the pharmacist
- dispensing prescriptions once validity ascertained
- prepare dose administration aids such as Websters
- collaborate with doctors or other health professionals to ensure patient safety- example, calling doctor for dose confirmation, directions of how to take medications
- Advised patients on over the counter medication selection and usage.
- Performed quality assurance to verify accurate prescription filling.
- Recorded verbally ordered prescriptions from providers.
- Performed pharmacy technician duties.
- Ensured compliance with policies and quality standards to maintain consistency in quality of services
- Resolved complaints and issues involving both guests and employees
- Assist in filling patient’s prescription.
- Compound and dispense medications as prescribed by doctors with the supervision of the Pharmacists.