- Building rapport with clients and their pets to maintain return business.
- Consulting with clients to discuss pet’s needs and desired styles at time of check in with hands on evaluation.
- Offering service solutions based on pets lifestyle, age and client needs.
- Working with clients to achieve optimal coat health and over all well being of their pet.
- Maintaining up to date records of previous services rendered, vaccinations, and any health or behavior issues.
- Using previous appointment knowledge to offer upgraded services, bathing products, and finishing touches.
- Ensuring the overall health and well being of all pets in the salon by using appropriate restraints and safety equipment.
- Cut and trim hair according to clients’ instructions and/or current hairstyles, using clippers, combs, hand-held velocity driers, and scissors-all while avoiding injury.
- Schedule client appointments via company computer system (SMS)
- Shampoo, rinse, condition and dry hair and skin
- Clip and/or file nails as well as clean out ears
- Suggest treatments to alleviate hair and/or skin problems.
- Occasionally troubleshoot PetSmart’s booking systems with the help of the company ‘s Help Desk.
- Suggested products and additional services that would best suit their dog’s needs while explaining the benefits.
- Achieved high weekly add-on percentages and commissions.
- Resolved complaints by listening to the problem, suggesting solutions, and working with the client to keep them satisfied.
- Warmly greet clients upon arrival, and thank them for their business while welcoming them back again.
- Followed company policies to maintain a safe, efficient work place.
- Assisted clients in finding solutions from departments out of my spectrum of knowledge.
- Performed grooming services while answering phones, making appointments, answering questions, and assisting any clients walking in.
- Working with clients to discuss the needs of their pets
- Suggesting additional treatments and services, per the dogs needs
- Completing all grooming in a timely manner, including washing and styling hair, nail trimming, and ear cleaning
- Ensuring all animals are happy and well taken care of while visiting the salon
- Identifying and discussing issues with owners, including nutrition.
- Answering phones and setting appointments at appropriate times based on breed and services requested.
- Maintaining a clean and safe work environment for workers and pets
- Keeping salon and bathing area clean and organized.
- Maintaining stock of grooming supplies.
- Manage time efficiently to accommodate all pets and client needs.
- Continuing education by attending conventions, seminars and grooming expos.