- Conducts interviews with patients and/or family members.
- Process and prepare business or government forms, i.e. Medicaid applications or financial assistance applications.
- Records and maintains complete documentation of activities performed on account while in-house and during the patient accounting cycle.
- Performs financial clearance function including collections.
- Cancels accounts that have not had any patient cooperation and are not eligible for any programs and prepares accounts for Financial Assistance review.
- Follows up on assigned accounts to ensure follow-through on government applications submitted.
- Develops a working relationship with patients, based on good communication skills, enabling accounts to be processed quickly with government program eligibility.
- Maintain and update documents, and billing codes
- Process Medicaid applications and Appeal cases
- Monitor cases on a daily work flow
- Monitor inpatient and ER census
- Engage with Department of Human Service
- Proficient in EagleSoft.
- Obtained EOB’s.
- Consult with or refer patients to appropriate health practitioners when necessary
- Schedule patients for their therapeutic services with the appropriate healthcare provider