- Work with teachers to ensure needs, both educational and social, of special education students are met as put forth within Individualized Educational Programs.
- Temporary position in a self-contained classroom
- Responsible for assisting classroom teacher and the full-time paraprofessional in maintaining order in the classroom so that it was conducive for learning.
- Worked with children with speech and language delays, kids who were on the spectrum, ADHD, ADD, and oppositional/defiant disorder.
- Assist in instructing students individually and in groups, using various teaching methods such as discussions, Smartboard videos, and demonstrations.
- Assist in preparation, administration, grading tests and assignments to evaluate students’ progress.
- Attend staff meetings and serve on committees, as required.assist activities designed to promote physical, mental, and social development, such as games, arts and crafts, music, and storytelling.Prepare materials and classrooms for class activities.
- Read books during Interactive learning large and Small groups.
- Assist in providing a positive learning atmosphere
- GIve hugs, and lots of encouragement.
paraprofessional/after-school program worker/substitute teacher
- Assist teachers with teaching and management of classes during the school day.
- Mentor students to develop academic and interpersonal skills
- Provide students snacks and homework assistance after school
- Direct games and athletic activities after school
- Supervise students during lunch and recess
- Direct lessons when teachers are absent
- Lead reading and writing groups
- Identify signs of emotional or developmental problems in children and bring them to teacher’s attention.
- Discipline children and recommend or initiate other measures to control behavior, such as caring for own clothing and picking up their mess.
- Provide disabled students support with assignments, technology, and accessing facilities such as restrooms.
- Supervise class projects, field trips, visits by guest speakers or other experiential activities, and guide students in learning from such activities.
- Maintain accurate and complete student records (IEP’s) as required by laws, district policies, and administrative regulations.
- Attend professional development and teacher training workshops to maintain and improve professional competence.
- Supervise students in classrooms, halls, playground, the gymnasium and on field trips.
- 2016 Staff member of the year.