- Administer Advance Life support in prehospital setting
- Operation of equipment, such as EKGs, Ventilators, and IV pumps
- Transporting Patients with medication drips, blood products, intubated, and chest tubes to higher level of care
- Administer drugs, orally or by injection, or perform intravenous procedures.
- Maintain vehicles and medical and communication equipment and replenish equipment and supplies.
- Perform emergency diagnostic and treatment procedures, such as airway management, or heart monitoring, during ambulance transport.
- Function as an extensively trained primary care provider in a pre-hospital setting serving the City of Pittsburgh
- Created accurate documentation of services provided in order to reduce liability, improve patient care, and to protect employer.
- Maintained positive working relationships with other emergency personnel such as nurses, doctors, patient families.
- Managed logistic tasks and improved ambulance transfer efficiency on a daily basis.
- Scored 2nd on City of Pittsburgh seniority examination
- Critical Care transport inter-facility.
- Coordinate with treatment center personnel to obtain patients’ vital statistics and medical history, to determine the circumstances of the emergency, and to administer emergency treatment.
- Advanced and Basic Life Support
- Attend and provide emergency medical treatment to persons at special events.Set-up MCI command and perform triage to area hospitals
- Maintaining and ordering supplies for ambulance as needed.
- Act as narcotics control officer, maintaining inventory and records of narcotic administration in accordance with state and federal laws.
- Inventory and ordering of non narcotic drug stocks.
- Training new employees on company standards and practices.
- Quality assurance for service trip sheets.
- Greet patients.
- Answer and direct incoming phone calls to appropriate personnel.
- Document patient interaction regarding conditions improving or declining.
- Managing patient flow in Emergency Room lobby.
- Initiating ACLS if needed in patient lobby, and triaging patients according to priority at acuity level.
- Computer software use: Soarian, Wellsoft and Microsoft.