- Assisting the head teacher in the classroom
- Supervising my group of students outside of the classroom
- Providing support to teachers and students (modifying work, etc.)
- Helping students with work (work completion/modifications)
- Ensuring safety of all students and making sure my students get to and from all classes
- Que students individually and in groups (when they are off task)
- Create a cohesive flow of classroom activities
- Impeccable time management.
- Encouraging the learning of emotional intelligence
- Affirmative caring, respectful instruction.
- Working knowledge attending to the develpment of Elementary aged children.
- Create lesson adaptations for students in a mainstream classroom. These plans encourage each individual student to learn at their pace and level yet allows them to interact with other students and experience a classroom atmosphere.
- Assist with implementation of behavior management programs (IEP, BIP)
- Assist students in daily tasks, such as homework, tutoring and one on one instruction according to IEP.
- Observe students’ performance, behavior, and social development to report to ABS Teacher.
- Help classroom teacher with class instruction and various tasks crucial to student development.
- 2017-2018 Canyons School District ABS Paraeducator of the Year
- Provided any necessary assistance to special education teachers
- Supervised one or more children at a time
- Oversaw the completion of daily School work assignments
- Assist in the development of individual educational plans (IEPs) designed to promote students’ educational, physical, or social development.
- assist middle school and high school classroom teachers with special education students with varieties of disabilities (autism, Down syndrome, blindness, Cerebral palsy, attention deficit , slow to learn, trouble reading, etc.)
- modifying classroom assignments or instructions based on the student’s needs or disability
- proctoring tests
- communicating with teachers to ensure student’s success