- Clean and organise the practice
- Assist the orthodontist in carrying out procedures
- Prepare equipment for use before clients
- Clean used orthodontic instruments to an impeccable level of sanitation
- Interface with clients to address concerns and book future appointments
- Clean teeth before completing a full bracket placement procedure
- Take notes of patients treatment plan. This includes the oral hygiene, broken brackets or wire, current wire sizes in UA and LA, elastic size if specific for patients treatment, and last pano and appointment.
- Make impressions for final stage patients so they can receive their retainers.
- Schedule appointments for next visits and take additional notes from what the doctor evaluated during her time with the patients.
- Takeout old wires and elastic bands to get a look at everything from hygiene to broken brackets.
- Take X-rays, panos, and pictures on all teeth angles from the doctors say to move on to the final stage of treatment.
- Clean section between each patient, and stock as I go along.
- Placing and removing medical instruments, sterilizing them, and maintaining dental equipment
- Schedule appointments and maintaining records, manually or using computer.
- Clean instruments every cycle of autoclave to insure safety of no cross contamination of bacteria and following standards with OSHA.
- Put in new wires once doctor has given me further steps for the patients next course of treatment. This will usually include a new wire size, new power chain or elastic if necessary, and a new appointment scheduled.
- Prepare patient, set up instrument trays, prepare materials, or assist dentist during dental procedures.
- Assist orthodontist in management of medical or dental emergencies.
- Instruct patients in oral hygiene.
- Fabricate and fit orthodontic appliances and materials for patients, such as retainers or wires.
- Use air turbine, hand instruments, and dental appliances.
- Process x-rays and take orthodontic records.
- Make impressions for retainers.