- Optometric Practice
- Explain products and prices
- Demonstrate use of products (CL, Progressive Lens)
- Order or purchase supplies
- Performing refraction and recommend lenses coatings and frames to suit client’s needs.
- Responsible for grinding lenses and frame adjustment.
- Responsible for ordering contact lenses, prescription lenses and optical accessories.
- Managing daily stock count.
- Technical coaching for two sales assistant.
- Resolving complaint cases.
- perform comprehensive eye exams for adults and children
- perform contact lens fittings, including specialty fits
- diagnose nd treat various forms of ocular pathology
- advise patients on eye health and provide maintenance and preventative education
- Perform primary eye examination for patients including subjective refraction, anterior and posterior eye health examinations
- Proficient with use of ophthalmic equipment such as OCT, slit lamp and edging machine
- Able to identify ocular conditions and the need for referral
- Familiar and able to recommend customers with different types of frames, ophthalmic lenses as well as contact lenses
- Keep work place organised and neat
- Follow up on customer’s orders with suppliers
- Prescribe medications to treat eye diseases if state laws permit.
- Remove foreign bodies from the eye.
- Provide patients undergoing eye surgeries, such as cataract and laser vision correction, with pre- and post-operative care.
- Prescribe therapeutic procedures to correct or conserve vision.