- Advised customers on the style and characterists of eyewear to best suit their need.
- Measure, fit and adapt glasses and/or contact lenses for customers.
- Prepare work order for optical laboratory including instructions for grinding, and mounting lenses.
- Adjust frame and lens postion to fit client
- Maintain records of customer prescriptions, work orders, and payments.
- Showed customers how to insert, remove, and care for their contact lenses.
- Getting the exact power lens.
- Making of pattern to be used as demo lens.
- Center-marking on lenses prior to cutting using the Edging Machine.
- Cutting until the desired size and shape is achieved.
- Fitting the lens to the chosen frame.
- Clearing the lens from any leftover residue.
- Read prescriptions of patients
- Help patients select their Frames and Lenses
- Bill Insurances
- Repair Frames and Adjust
- Consult with and refer patients to ophthalmologist or other health care practitioner if additional medical treatment is determined necessary
- Educate and counsel patients on contact lens care, visual hygiene, lighting arrangements and safety factors
- Prescribe, supply, fit and adjust eyeglasses, contact lenses and other vision aids
- Assist with dispensing eyeglasses and contact lenses to customers
- Perform insertion and removal training of contact lenses to customers
- Maintain accurate and organized patient records.
- Assist Optometric Technician, Receptionist, and Contact Lens Technician when necessary
- In-Home care provider
- Transport clients to appointments
- Minster medication