- Greeted patients arriving at office or clinic and showed them to the exam room to prepare them for the physicians.
- Interviewed patients to obtain a cheif complaint, medical history, and information such as test results in medical records.
- Performed ancillary tests, which included keratometry, refractions, slit lamp exams, imaging, tonometry, and pachymetry.
- Help physicians examine and treat patients, handing them instruments, materials or performing such tasks as instilling drops.
- Assisted with minor surgeries, lasers, and in office procedures. Cleaned and sterilized instruments.
- Consulted treatment procedures, pre-op and post-op care, medications, an physicians’ instructions to patients. Performed work ups for cataract surgery and screenings for LASIK/PRK surgery.
- Accompanied the doctor to surgeries and help assist in patient flow.
ophthalmic technician/ optician
- Trained and have knowleged of autorefractor, autolensometer, fundus photo machine, visual field machine, slit lamp.
- Able to gather all tests required from doctor.
- Able to communicate with other technicians from different states.
- Responsible for sending data electronically to doctor.
- I am able to communicate and troubleshoot any technical problem.
- Knowlege on frames, lenses, and lens options.
- Being able to understand the customer/patient’s needs.
- Gather and enter medical records and patient information
- Take ocular measurements both anatomical and functional
- Administer and or prepare medications
- Provide eye care and contact lens information to patients
- Maintain and clean ophthalmic instruments
- Surgical assisting with minor out patient procedures
- Experience working in all specialties Glaucoma, Cornea, Retina, Ocular Plastics and Neuro
- Assisted the Optometrist and Ophthalmologist in determining visual acuity with testing prior to examinations.
- Scribe oral information during examinations into electronic health records for the doctor to review.
- Performed ancillary testing using specialized equipment and tools proficiently and promptly.
- Record office productivity on personalized spreadsheets for the doctors to utilize.
- Assisting patients into the exam room and gathering their complete medical history, along with basic vital check.
- Obtain patients visual acuity, dilating and interocular pressure.
- Responsible for taking optical coherence tomography, topography measurements, fundus photos and assisting with visual field testing.
- Aid Dr. Copely during diagnostic and minor surgical procedures, including sterile preparations, documentation and proper billing codes.
- Managed trial contact lens inventory and contact lens shipment.
- Trained patients in insertion and removal of soft, hard and sclera lens.
- Assisted optometrist in contact lens trial evaluations along with verifying and explaining patients insurance coverage and benefits.