- Evaluated patients to assess mobility, strength, communication, or cognition, independence with daily activities and tasks, social skills, behavior, and leisure skills.
- Documented examination results, treatment plans, and patients’ outcomes.
- Developed comprehensive plans for immediate and long-term occupational therapy, patient and caregiver education/training and community reintegration.
- Participated in coordination of physical medicine and rehabilitation services with other medical services.
- Recommended physical therapy and speech therapy when necessary.
- Consulted or coordinated with other rehabilitative professionals including physical and speech therapists, rehabilitation nurses, doctors, social workers, teachers or other medical personnel.
- Prescribed orthotic and prosthetic applications and adaptive equipment, such as wheelchairs, bracing, and communication devices, to maximize patient function and self-sufficiency.
- duties as Registered Occupational Therapist to assess and plan treatment
- responsible to coordinate, implement and complete all patient treatment programs
- coordinate therapists involved in nursing home to ensure smooth in house rehab program
- Conducted and reported finding of standardized assessments such as developmental evaluations to clients, families of clients, doctors, and other medical and non-medical personnel when necessary.
- Work as Occupational Therapist in Military hospital
- Involved in physical as well as psychological programs
- all the necessary involvement/ treatment of soldiers being physically injured as well as psychologically influenced
- see later info regarding general OT responsibilities
- Comprehensive assessment of patients mobility, strength, cognition, falls risk, adaptive equipment needs and functional ability in the home.
- Excellent documentation of assessment results, treatment plans, need for skilled care and progression toward measurable patient outcomes.
- Proficient electronic documentation.
- Assess characteristics of patients’ pain and characteristics such as intensity, location, and duration using standardized clinical measures.
- Provide in home medical management of musculoskeletal trauma or surgical intervention, acute and chronic pain, cardiac or pulmonary disease, or other chronic or acute disabling conditions.
- Flexible and organized with scheduling and managing a large geographic territory.
- Special interest in exercise physiology, orthopedic care of shoulder and hand related diagnoses.
- Staff Therapist.
- Responsible for center base and in-home services.
- Completed evaluations and therapy programs for birth-3 years program.
- Worked closely with other disciplines and parents.