- Ten years experience in cooking, following recipes and portion controls
- Oversee the production of approximately 300 to 400 meals a day for senior centers, Foodmobile and Home delivery meals.
- I oversee the cold food production and daily frozen meals.
- Responsible for preparing the salad bar for the senior center and staff.
- Observe safety of food handling.
- Assign work tasks, with supervise advice to volunteers.
- Knowledge of Country nutrition program and menu planning.
- Monitor patient’s daily diets, as well as adapting to patient’s special diets after surgery.
- Call patient’s and obtain their orders for each meal.
- Answer incoming calls quickly and with a positive attitude.
- Set up designated trays to be delivered to patient’s rooms.
- Deliver the meal trays to each room. Verify name and date of birth of patient upon arrival to ensure there are no mistakes.
- Collect money for any guest trays and deposit it into designated area.
- Assist with running the cash register in the cafeteria.
- Created health, nutrition and breastfeeding goals for participants
- Collected anthropometric data of women and children (ages 0-5), as well as hemoglobin screening tests.
- Collaborated with cooks to select appropriate menus and recipes for all diets.
- Maintained and documented clinical nutritional assessments of new and established clients including new mothers and their children.
- Interviewed both clients and patients and identified their nutritional needs.
- Monitored weekly weights in conjunction with nursing staff.
- Instructed and counseled client/patients and family members of client’s/patient’s plan of care.
- Work the POS
- In absence of Senior Nutrition, I am responsible for the nutrition program.
- Experience in ordering food and supplies necessary for the production and needs of the nutrition program.
- Keep work stations in the kitchen clean and fully stocked daily.
- Provide patients with menus according to diet.
- Receive and record patients orders.
- Maintain contact with kitchen staff, nurses, management, serving staff, and patients to ensure that their diet details are handled properly and patients concerns are addressed.
- Assist with creating food to be bought by customers. (Sandwiches, salads, etc.)