- Handle basic tasks under the direction of licensed practical nurses.
- Personal hygiene for residents : brushing teeth bathing them, combing hair, changing clothes and shaving them.
- Toiletry duties include assisting residents who need help going to the bathroom, changing bedpans and emptying catheters.
- Other common responsibilities include maintaining patient records, dietary care, bedsore prevention, collecting samples and assisting with transporting patients.
- Assist patients with showering and other personal care needs.
- Assist patients with dietary needs.