- Implemented physicians order for all assigned patients safely and properly administered medications.
- Collected specimens ensuring correct labeling.
- Experienced with high-risk medications.
- Performed patient teaching to parents.
- Promoted developmental care and kangaroo care
- Held responsibility as a charge nurse, as well as a preceptor for new grad nurses’ education.
- Provided support, comfort and education to families, building solid and trusting relationships by fostering one-on-one communication.
- I began my career here with over a year of Medical Surgical Nursing, and then became a NICU nurse.
- Evaluated and assessed patient’s clinical status as well as care needs maintaining patient flow. Notifying the physician as necessary.
- Attend deliveries and resuscitation of newborn infants.
- Complete admissions into the NICU after deliveries.
- Collaboration with physicians and NNP’s while implementing appropriate protocols, documentation and care plans.
- Preceptor to new NICU nurses through entire 1 month of orientation.
- Identifying/teaching parents educational needs and promoting safe infant care upon discharge.