- Monitor vital signs
- Stock supply rooms
- Assemble/deconstruct charts as needed
- Monitor and interpret heart rhythms
- Adhere to hospital policies and procedures
- Turn and reposition patients as needed
- Clean patient’s rooms and nurse’s stations
- Assist patients with activities of daily living
- Assist Doctor in medical procedures as needed
- Obtain vital signs, Accuchecks, and patient’s intake and output
- Transport beds, patient’s, and medical supplies as needed
- Monitor and interpret EKG Monitors.
- Answer phones and patient call lights.
- Input physicians and floor orders into the computer.
- Assists the Nursing Department in the care of patients by preparing for and assisting with all aspects of cardiac monitoring.
- Measures length and height of patient’s heart rhythm pattern on graphic tape readout, using calipers, and posts information on patient records.
- Answers calls for assistance from pateints and inquires concering patients from medical staff, using intercom and call director.
- Informs supervisor or nurse of variances to initiate examination of patients.
- Perform general office duties, such as answering telephones, or taking dictation.
- Observes safety of patients though camera.
- Speaks to staff on call and patients directly.
- Maintains focus throughout shift.
- Documents times, names, dates and any other information necessary.
- Demonstrates safe work ethic and attitudes.
- Provides information needed to nursing staff if requested.
- Participates in collaboration with staff and patients.