- Perform forward and reverse typing.
- Recognize and troubleshoot problems in analytic and automated instruments.
- Able to multitask in front desk of laboratory including answering phone calls, rechecking the blood unit and issuing the blood units to patients.
- Properly store blood draws and maintain documentation and records.
- Analysis of tests in areas including Hematology, Chemistry, Microbiology, Serology, and Urinalysis to help aid in diagnosing diseases.
- Performance of QC/QA on laboratory instruments
- Participation in CAP surveys as assigned
- Analyze patient demographics and test results for accuracy in Epic system
- Minor work in laboratory computer systems and configurations
medical technologist/drug analyst
- Perform routine clinical laboratory testing on biological specimens using both manual methods and automated analyzers
- Maintained laboratory equipment and troubleshoot instrument problems.
- Partly working as drug analyst for the presence of abuse drugs
- Performs quality control and external quality assurance in compliance with government requirements.
- Collect and prepare specimens and perm laboratory procedures used in the diagnosis, treatment and prevention of disease.
- Verify record and report lab results on all performed tests for clinics and hospitals.
- Executed and analyzed tests in areas including molecular, chemistry, hematology, urinalysis, serology, histology, and bacteriology.
- Consistently commended for timely, high-quality completion of both routine and special laboratory assays of patient specimens.
- Ensured test-result validity before recording/reporting results, earning a reputation for meticulous attention to details.
- Evaluated quality control within laboratory using standard laboratory test and measurement controls.
- Performed PCR-based techniques such as extraction of DNA/RNA, prepared wet/dry Master Mix for PCR reactions, and analysis of run curves.
- Collected and studied blood samples to determine the number of cells, their morphology, their blood group and blood type using microscopic techniques.
- Conducted chemical analysis of body fluids, including blood, urine, and stool to determine presence of normal or abnormal components.
- Operated, calibrated, and maintained equipment used in quantitative or qualitative analysis
- Established and monitored quality assurance programs and activities to ensure the accuracy of laboratory results.
- Entered data from analysis of medical tests or clinical results into computer for storage.