- awareness and appreciation of the patient and the ability to empathize with and treat others with dignity and respect, with awareness of patient safety at all times
- flexibility and openness to change
- ability to utilize supervision effectively
- a willingness to develop IT skills relevant to the role
- Accept increasing clinical responsibility under supervision
- Enhance and refine skills in communication and counselling.
- Develop an understanding of ethical and legal issues within medical practice.
- Accurately and adequately document a patient’s history, examination, investigation findings, and all other relevant information in the clinical record.
- Develop clinical case presentation skills.
- Achieve timely and quality discharge summaries and organize discharge medications.
- Organize follow-up appointments for patients.
- Maintained confidentiality of all patient information, internal and other regulatory standards.
- Maintained accuracy, completeness and security for medical records and health information.
- Develop an appreciation of collegial responsibilities and work within a collegiate attitude.
- To undertake the assessment and day to day management of patients under the supervision of more senior, experienced medical staff.
- Execute fundamental and emergency in patient care during rotations through Obstetrics/Gynaecology, General Surgery, Paediatrics, Internal Medicine specialties
- Develop skills in team building and patient-doctor relationships
- To participate in the management of outpatients under the supervision of senior medical staff.
- To organize and co-ordinate any investigations and procedures needed for patients and/or as requested by senior staff.
- Sees and assess patients at the Emergency Room before referring them to the Resident on duty and Consultants.
- Assists the residents and consultants with ward works and other bedside procedures.
- Assists in surgical procedures at the Operating room.
- Assists in labor and delivery.
- Assists in newborn care.