- I can comprise
- I am cooperative
- Solve problems in a peaceful manner
- Good management skills
- At the end everyone is going to be happy with the decision
- Elected by the people and recognized as the civic leader of the community.
- As part of the leadership role, involved in advancing community cohesion and promoting civic awareness and is the principal member and spokesperson for Council, including representing the views of the council as to its local priorities. Promoting partnerships with other stakeholders is another important role of the mayor.
- The mayor presides over the council meetings and manages the conduct of participants at council meetings.
- The mayor is also responsible for preparing a budget to present to council; providing strategic direction to the CEO; reviewing CEO performance; ensuring council provides the Minister for Local Government with information when it is requested; and representing the Council at ceremonial and civic functions.
- Chair of the Local Disaster Management Group
- Presides over regular General Council Meetings, where councillors debate and vote on motions, and manages the conduct of participants at these council meetings.
- Visible and high profile councillor and the person viewed as responsible for the performance of the council.
- Planning, budgeting, coordinating and monitoring all social, economic and development projects for social well-being in the District;
- To ensure security of people and property in the District in collaboration with relevant organs;
- Establish and oversee administrative procedures to meet objectives set by counsil or senior administratives.
- Enforces laws of the city
- Provide leadership to the community
- Chair Council, boards, committees and commission meetings
- Strengthen the organizational and governance structures
- Development of the strategic plan and direction
- Partnership development
- Develop and advance relationships across all levels of government and with stakeholders across the region (public, private,and not-for profit)
- Stakeholder engagement with service groups, organizations and
- Be the head of the executive branch of the city.
- Manage the city staff, departments, and budget.