senior material control specialist
- Supervise a team to accomplish provided tasks to standard.
- Count, sort incoming material to verify receipt of items on requisition or invoices.
- Examine stock to verify quantity or conformance to specifications.
- Store material in bins, on the floor, on shelves, or in containers according to identifying information
- Fill orders or issue supplies from stock. Prepare periodic, Special or perpetual inventory record of stock in multiple locations.
- Complete reports on flow of stock, adjustments of inventory, counts and stock records, damage or shelf life adjustments location changes and denial of shipments.
- Routinely use procurement documents for inventory, Receipts, Issues and others as required by the performance work statement
material control specialist
- Mark identifying codes, figures or letters on articles, using labelling equipment
- Make adjustments to inventory/location of stored stock. May determine methods of storage, identification and stock location, considering temperature, humidity, height and weight limits, turnover, floor loading capacities and required space.
- Move or transports material or supplies to other departments, using pallet jack, forklift or industrial truck.
- Responsible for physical security of sensitive and pilfer able items and ensure they are stored in accordance with all Army regulations and local policy
- Maintain inventory and other stock records, using computer terminal. Designated according to material, equipment, or product stored i.e., Retail or wholesale items
- Receive, store and sort unserviceable equipment and supplies for disposal.
- Prepare, read and analyze records and reports necessary to execute actions routinely.