- Fit new and used outboard engines and marine diesel engines.
- Repair, replace, or adjust defective fuel injectors, carburetor parts, and gasoline filters.
- Splice wires with knives or cutting pliers, and solder connections to fixtures and equipment.
- Install equipment and accessories such as stereos, navigation equipment, communication equipment, and sonar systems.
- Cut openings and drill holes for fixtures and equipment, using electric drills and routers.
- Cut, shape, fit, join, mould, or otherwise process materials, using hand tools, power tools, and/or machinery.
- Apply finishes to objects being crafted.
- Repair and service of Evinrude, Johnson, Yamaha, Mercury, and Honda Motors;
- Rigging of outboard motors and electronics;
- Fiberglass repair on vessels;
- Set specifications for materials, dimensions, and finishes.
- Made up professional estimates of work as to which parts to restore or replace and how much time the job should take.
- Inspected repaired boats for proper functionality, completion of work and ensured proper handling of customers boats and jet-skis.
- Read specifications or confer with customers to determine the desired custom modifications or repair for each boat.
- Clean work areas and shop by changing trash, sweeping, washing out work bays and organizing my tool storage
- Traveling to marina or dock where the vessel is located.
- Testing the performance of marine engines and electrical systems.
- Carrying out services and minor repairs on outboard, inboard, and ship engines.
- Conducting plumbing and intake repairs.
- Troubleshooting engine and electrical problems.
- Replacing broken or worn-out engine parts.
- Repairing faulty hydraulic and steering systems.
marine mechanic / prep man
- Examine vehicles and marine engines compile estimates of repair costs, and secure customers’ approval to perform repairs.
- Diagnose or repair problems with electronic equipment, such as sound, navigation, communication, and security equipment, in motor vehicles and marine vessels
- Fabricate patterns or templates to guide craft production.
- Assemble, install, or repair wiring, electrical or electronic components, fuel systems,engines, or equipment.