- Edit or rewrite the existing article as necessary, and proofreading before publishing the journal.
- Use the computers program for draft preparation, such as Indesign.
- Correspondence and coordinate meetings among the editorial board
- Research and analyze background information related to stories in order to be able to provide complete and accurate information.
- Proofread, edited, and evaluated final copy to verify content aligned with established guidelines.
- Delegated and tracked staff assignments to ensure deadlines adherence.
- Wrote, edited and produced stories for multiple platforms, including print and digital channels. Followed through on beat sources, contacts, and leads to gather information for stories.
- Assisted with securing ads, distribution, and social media outreach. Oversaw design, cover art, and contributed photographs.
managing editor/lead contractor
- Responsible for managing up to three staff members.
- Responsible for hiring and, if necessary, termination of employees.
- Actively engage in conflict resolution.
- Act as liaison between government and contract holder.
- Discuss issues with other managers to establish priorities or positions.
- Receive and distribute assignments; evaluate leads or tips to develop story ideas.
- Research and report on specialized fields such as military, medicine, science and technology, politics, sports, arts, consumer affairs, business, religion or education.
- Make manuscript acceptance or revision recommendations to the publisher.
- In-charge of overseeing the campus paper’s operations including the editors and writers, production schedules or editorial calendars
- Managed, planned, assigned and edited the campus paper’s content and its circulation
- Covered various school gatherings that are relevant to the whole Consolinian community
- Attending press conferences and asking questions
- Had hundreds of written and published articles
- Interviewed sources of information in a range of different circumstances
- Won the La Sallian Scholarium Award, Outstanding Published Column Article on Youth and Education (“Schools as Surveillance for Parents”), for Philippine Daily Inquirer