- Book appointment and transportation for medical appointments.
- Colostomy care
- Placing Foley catheters
- Trache care
- Administer prescribed medications as prescribed by the physician
- Supervise nurse’s aides, LPN and hospitality aides to ensure care plans are followed and .
- Evaluate nursing intervention outcomes, conferring with other healthcare team members as necessary, noting times and amounts on patients’ charts.
- Provide health teaching to both residents and families.
- Relay all concerns and issues to medical providers.
- Round with Physicians and update orders and care plans as needed
- Evaluate emergent situations and respond accordingly
- Provided nursing care to the geriatric population in a skilled nursing facility.
- Administered medications as ordered by the physician.
- Performed various nursking skills such as foley catheter changes, wound care, obtatining blood, urine and stool specimens for lab requests, documented patient changes and vitals, and colostomy care.
- Advocate for the residents and adhere to their wishes
- Administer medications via injection, Peg tube or orally as ordered
- wound care including wound Vac
- assign staff according to daily census and needs of the individual resident
- Address resident and family concerns
- Make rounds during shift for observation and evaluation of consumers with mental and physical disabilities.
- Monitor and treat blood glucose levels for hypo/hyperglycemia.
- Administer medications and feedings via gastric tube and by mouth according to policies and procedures.
- Acceptance and implementation of physician orders.
- Notify house manager/nurse consultant/physician of consumers change in conditions and behaviors.