lead mechanic/ drive team
- Plan budgets and arrange for purchase of tools, materials, or supplies.
- Convert real objects to animated objects through modeling.
- Prepare and deliver presentations to current or potential sponsors.
- Write grant proposals to procure supplies and other resource funding.
- Participate in campus and community events to advertise for potential sponsorship.
- Monitor or track project to ensure robot completion by deadline.
- Assign duties, responsibilities, and spans of authority to project personnel.
- Performed routine maintenance such as oil changes, checking batteries and lubricating equipment and machinery.
- Inspect, test, and listen to defective vehicles to diagnose malfunctions using test instruments such as handheld computers, motor analyzers, chassis charts, and pressure gauges.
- Diagnose and repaired issues with vehicles accordingly.
- Initiate, review, or approve modifications to project plans.
- Perform annual safety inspections
- Perform preventative maintenance
- Diagnose and repair after treatment failures
- Diagnose and repair engine and chassis failures
- Perform all jobs in a safe and timely matter
- Record time and parts used on jobs.
- accurately provide customers with quotes
- Complete power equipment services and repairs.
- Complete trailer and attachment equipment services and repairs.
- Manage and maintain shop inventory during shift.
- Manage and maintain equipment out-of-service line.
- Develop a daily work plan for the other technicians.
- Manage the technicians work and track their progress.
- Work with shop manager and other shift lead mechanics to ensure smooth transition of work between shifts.
- Review out-of-service vehicles and develop a work schedule.
- Review parts inventory and ensure the actual on hand matches shown inventory.
- Determine work plans for the other technicians and manage their work.
- Complete power vehicle services and all repairs needed.
- Complete trailer and attachment vehicle services and complete all repairs needed.
- Work with the shop manager and other shift lead mechanics to ensure smooth transition of work between the shifts.