- Shape and cut materials to specified measurements, using hand tools, machines, or power saws.
- Finish and match surfaces of woodwork using stain, paint, varnish and clear.
- Set up and operate machines, including power saws, jointers, mortisers, tenoners, molders, or shapers, to cut, mold, or shape woodstock.
- Install hardware, such as hinges, handles, catches, or drawer pulls.
- Measure, cut and paint base/crown molding.
lead carpenter / contractor
- Supervise four-member team in construction of custom built homes; led and participated in all construction phases.
- Draft blueprints upon request
- Interface with clients, project managers, architects, interior designers, inspectors, sub-trades, and crew
- Determine material needs, and order products from suppliers
- Contributed to successful completion of commercial and private construction projects.
- Interpreted blueprints and assessed job requirements.
- Ordered and scheduled delivery of materials, and communicated with clients and project managers to prioritize workflow.
- Operated broad range of power tools such as table saws, radial arm saws, circular saws, planers, jointers, and drills.
- Manage and co-ordinate subcontractors.
- Manage and co-ordinate apprentice carpenters.
- Repair, adjust and install doors, ensuring all hardware is in good working order.
- Demolition and re-installation of bathroom fixtures.
- Construct and install wall and floor framing.
- Rental maintenance and repairs.
- Repair and install flooring.
- Cut and assemble steel framing structures, walls, ceilings, dormers / roof details for multi story condominiums
- Renovate kitchens, baths, living and other rooms
- Build attached and detached garages, decks, gazebos and other exterior structures
- Form foundations, walkways, patios