- Assure that areas are up to current health and safety standards.
- Maintain high food and team member safety protocol.
- Place orders for food, equipment, and materials.
- Train new hires based on supplemental materials
- Monitor sanitation practices to ensure that employees follow standards and regulations.
- Supervise or coordinate activities of cooks or workers engaged in food preparation.
- Determine how food should be presented and create decorative food displays.
- Record production or operational data on specified forms.
- Plan, direct, or supervise the food preparation or cooking activities of multiple venues.
- Determine production schedules and staff requirements necessary to ensure timely delivery of services.
- Assist in hiring, job dialogs, and counselings set by team leader
- Holding huddles to inform team on up coming promos, sales, customer comments and concerns
- Daily ever-clean check list to ensure team is practicing food safety
- Demonstrate new cooking techniques or equipment to staff.
- Composed daily production list to ensure venues are well stocked
- Have knowledge in planning menus and may set prices.
- Knows how to supervising cooks and kitchen helpers, and making sure all employees adhere to health and safety standards.
- Knows on how to purchase food and kitchen supplies, and may file requisitions with the purchasing department for large equipment.
- Knows how to resolve any customer complaints about food quality or service.
- Managing the kitchen porters
- Making sure the kitchen is a safe and hygienic place to work
- Organizing the inventory, storage, and distribution of foodstuffs and supplies
- Helping to plan menus, apportion ingredients and use food surpluses
- Control portion costs by working out the number of portions per food batch