- Clean and maintain kitchen equipment and premises to strict sanitation guidelines.
- Operate pot-washing machinery and maintain a hygienic working environment in accordance with hygiene regulations and company standards.
- Collects and removes trash from all areas of the operation following established procedures.
- Ensure waste bin area is kept clean and tidy.
- Consistently adheres to SDS (Safety Data Sheet) information related to the proper and safe use of chemicals in the workplace.
- Clean multiple kitchens in one shift, usually up to 3.
- Operate, clean and maintain dish washing machine
- Thoroughly sweep and mop entire kitchen floor after hours
- Contain and remove kitchen oil for proper disposal with a neighbouring kitchen
- Work in a team of stewards cleaning and maintaining kitchen and restaurant hardware.
- Utilized proper storage bins to organize and transport kitchen equipment to stewarding room for storage purposes.
- Washed utensils and cookware, including pants, pots, dishes, and trays.
- Assisted servers by providing glassware and utensils to guests.
- Met high hotel standards for work procedures, dress, grooming, attendance, and punctuality.
- Actively promoted accident prevention through proper and acceptable levels of sanitation and cleanliness of kitchen.
- Maintained clean and contaminant-free cooking equipment and receptacles
- Helped team meet expected demands by restocking work areas throughout restaurant such as server stations, salad bars and supply cupboards
- Washed equipment, surfaces, refrigerators and other areas and applied sanitizing chemicals
- Worked with chemicals such as detergent, rinse agents and sanitizers to protect customer health
- Cleaned and maintained floors and walls in the kitchen and dish-washing area
- Oversaw incoming deliveries, including unboxing supplies, shelving stock and rotating items
- Performed housekeeping duties such as dusting, mopping, vacuuming and sanitizing counter-tops
- Cook food or prepare food items, such as sandwiches, salads, and vegan or vegaterian dishes, using standard formulas or following directions.
- Serve salads, vegetables, tacos, breads, and acoholic beverages, ladle soups and sauces, portion dressings and desserts, and fill beverage cups and glasses.
- Promoted to supervisory position within a year of employment leading a team of 20-persons. Established effective work flow systems reducing staff operation and hardware costs.
- Assisted in food preparation by blending soups and washing and peeling vegetables