- Performing adoptions
- Routine cleaning procedures
- Vaccinating and Medicating
- Collecting samples for labs
- Performing first aid when needed
- Working with dogs, letting them in and out
- Feeding and giving medicine to the dogs
- Bathing dogs
- Working the front desk
- Daily care for dogs boarded at facility
- Cleaning of each room used by a dog on daily basis
- Daily feeding and medication distribution
- Answering phones and scheduling appointments
- Reporting any change on any dog’s condition that is observed
- Checking out all guests and taking payments
- Entering client information into computer system
- My duties at the shelter include having to feed, walk, and bathe all of the dogs as well as cleaning up after the dogs inside and outside of the facilities when it is needed.
- Kept animals clean and free of contaminants to promote optimal health.
- Carried out euthanizations of diseased or infirm animals to keep stock healthy.
- Maintained organized approach to handling housekeeping needs, including cleaning and sanitizing animal areas, managing laundry and collecting waste.
- Minimized animal injury risk by monitoring behaviors and eliminating safety hazards.
- Managed breeding programs while factoring in issues such as animal age and readiness.
- Kept animal coats clean and healthy with regular washing, grooming and trimming.
- Daily cleaning of kennels
- Walking dogs twice daily
- Bathing & maintenance of teeth/nails
- Providing counseling for potential adopters
- Medicating & vaccinating when required
- Venipuncture (limited)
- Communicating with the public about our health services & various programs