journeyman plumber/vice president
- Measure, cut, thread pipe using hand or power tools or machines such as pipe cutters, manual and electric pipe-threading machines.
- Study building plans and inspect structures to assess material and equipment needs, to establish the sequence of pipe installations, and to plan installation around obstructions.
- Select pipe sizes, types, or related materials, such as supports, or hangers according to specifications.
- Diagnostic work on tankless hot water heating systems.
- Leak detection using not only equipment but also experience and all the senses that are available to me.
- Fix complex issues related to incorrect installations, difficult to install fixtures, or finding the root cause of the various issues.
- Coordinate with other professionals, such as contractors, architects, electricians, and carpenters, to ensure job success.
- Install pipe assemblies, fittings, valves, appliances such as dishwashers, or fixtures such as sinks or toilets, using hand or power tools.
- Weld small pipes or special piping, using specialized techniques, equipment, or materials, such as computer-assisted
- Install underground storm, sanitary, or water piping systems, extending piping as needed to connect fixtures and plumbing. welding or microchip fabrication.
- Interprets blueprints and building specifications to map layout for pipes, drainage systems, and other plumbing materials
- Use survey instruments, metering devices, tape measures, and test equipment
- Lay out pipe systems, supports, and related equipment, following blueprints.
- Assemble or secure pipes, tubes, fittings, or related equipment, according to specifications, by cementing, soldering, or threading joints.