- Supports Workforce clients in job searching and placement.
- Establishes and maintains working relationships with employers, industry organizations, and public agencies to source job openings and secure employment and vocational training opportunities for clients.
- Evaluates individual’s background, skills, and interest and matches to potential job openings or training programs.
- Coaches and prepares candidate for interview and entry into the workforce, gaining exposure to some of the complex tasks within the job function.
- Establishes new employer relationships and maintains pre-existing relationships with employers to secure valid and unsubsidized employment opportunities for participants.
- Effectively matches participants with unsubsidized employment. Occasionally directed in several aspects of the work.
- Promote Grand Rapids Community College program participants to the employer community
- Liaising with employers to obtain job leads and to identify jobs
- Working closely with the educational training specialists to ensure positions reflect participants’ needs, abilities, and employment goals
- Support and monitor clients in the initial stages of employment and maintain relations with employers
- Monitor changes in the West Michigan job marketing and, together with their colleagues, develop and maintain innovative career programming that achieves the highest standards in employment practices
- Procure employment opportunities for men in recovery within the local community
- Assess readiness through volunteer activities and events; organize and develop events in the community
- Participate in agency planning (sales forecast). Prepare monthly reports which detail placement for past month and sales goals for upcoming month
- Responsible for maintaining a professional relationship with employers, clients, staff and funders
- Provides clients assessment for job match including, transportation possibilities, the client’s work interest, and experience and another relevant factor. Provide support in finding externalresources as needed.
- Locate jobs
- Coordinate job placements
- Job carve
- Perform adjustment training and pre-employment training for individuals & staff following the policies and procedures of the ECF program.