- Extensive training on how to sell from one of the top and largest billion dollar companies in America.
- Trained to be completely confidential with customer and company information, such as customer name, address, phone number, past and future purchases, social security number, and undisclosed company information.
- Five standards generated by the company including, sales, repairs, add-on’s, extended service warranties, and credit accounts must be completed by the end of each month.
- Build customer relationships in order to gain their trust when experiencing a very expensive and emotional purchase, such as an engagement ring or wedding band.
- Expected to follow and go by company core values every day.
- Explain product warranties honestly and understandable to the customer, as well as company policies and procedures.
- Answer questions about product feature, and benefits, followed up by a check question to ensure that is the piece of merchandise desired.
- Responsible for cultivating new clientele by building relationships.
- Processing clients needs and fulfilling their needs by analyzing how their end goals can be achieved.
- Creating PowerPoints proposals with viable options for the client.
- Preparing sketches of ideas preferred by the client.
- Corresponding with wholesalers by negotiating prices and obtaining products such as diamonds or gemstones needed for the clients.
- Choosing materials such as diamonds and color stones by choosing matching pieces and quality goods.
- Communicating with bench jewelers on the design preference of the client and what materials would be needed to fulfill this.
- Promote sales and keep customers interested via: email, text, phone calls, and mailing the latest jewelry styles or current sales.
- Enter orders for merchandise into computers POS system.
- Use a POS computer in order to receive a Kay card payment, process merchandise returns and exchanges, issue receipts, refunds, or change due to customers.
- Answer telephone calls from customers, or potential customers who have been solicited through advertisement who need answers to questions regarding jewelry.
- Bagged, boxed, or gift-wrapped merchandise, and prepared packages for shipment.
- Maintained knowledge of products and services to assist customers
- Fostered customer relations providing sales and new product information.
- Set up and maintain merchandise displays to corporate specifications.
- Provided information to clients’ regarding financing, maintenance, repairs, and appraisals.
- Jewelry is set up every morning, and locked away after it is all accounted for before closing the store.
- Maintain clean and orderly checkout areas and complete other general cleaning duties, such as vacuuming and mopping floors, cleaning public bathroom, changing jewelry cleaner, wiping glass of finger prints, and emptying trash cans.
- Presenting clients with potential options and creating invoices on Word to bill the client with.
- Taking photography of finished custom pieces for portfolio.
- Taking in service and repair orders needed for clients.
- Drafting Insurance Appraisals for clients.